What are food peristaltic pumps?
Peristaltic pumps, also known as hose pumps, are positive displacement pumps, a type of rotary pump which contain a number of rollers that squeeze a hose as it rotates. They are named so because they use the peristaltic principle, whereby the twisting and compression of a soft elastomer hose allows fluids to be transferred through the system. Peristaltic pumps are available in both high and low pressure options, with the option to choose between different flow rates, as well as whether to run continually or disperse smaller amounts.
How does peristaltic pump work?
Why use peristaltic pumps for the food industry?
Praised for their gentle handling of sensitive substances, peristaltic pumps are used in the culinary industry in the creation of crushed vegetables, fruit puree, ferments and more everyday food sector applications. This wide PDP usage ranges across the food sector from fruit & vegetable processing plants to the slaughterhouse, making peristaltic pumps a prevalent choice across the food sector at all stages of processing.
Peristaltic pumps can cover a variety of applications, as they are suitable for abrasive, corrosive and fragile liquids. With no shearing and no internal slip, these pumps are ideal to handle fragile products. Peristaltic pumps can be used for any kind of liquid (corrosive, abrasive, fragile, with solids), making them ideal to use for food applications, as they can be adapted to suit your company’s needs. Treat soya oil, ferments, tomato puree and more with this versatile pump.
What are the advantages of PCM food peristaltic pumps?
- They require no seal to keep the liquid inside the tube, so there is no leakage
- Peristaltic pumps only have one wearing part, as it is only the hose that will come into contact with the product
- The pump will automatically start self-priming without the need for additional equipment
- Capable of running at different speeds, as well as dry running without the risk of any damage
- Peristaltic pumps offer low life cycle costs (LCC) and easy maintenance
What are the maximum performances of PCM food peristaltic pumps?
- Pressure: up to15 bars
- Flowrate: from 30 l/h to 65 m3/h
- Viscosity: 40 000 cPo